Caran d'Ache Metal Ballpoint Pen, Nespresso
Limited Edition collaboration between Caran d'Ache and Nespresso
In collaboration with Nespresso, Caran d’Ache is presenting a new 849 ballpoint pen in limited edition made using the aluminum from Nespresso recycled capsules. This exclusive writing instrument was born of the encounter between two iconic Swiss companies, sharing common values: sustainable development, innovation and Swiss design quality. This exclusive writing instrument was born of the encounter between two iconic Swiss companies, sharing common values: sustainable development, innovation and Swiss design quality. In 2015, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Nespresso’s commitment to recycle its aluminum capsules, the company launched its Second Life project to breathe new life into its used capsules through a range of iconic Swiss products. Having already released a Victorinox Swiss Army knife and a Zena vegetable peeler, Nespresso partners with Caran d’Ache to create a special 849, using recycled capsules’ aluminum for the body of the pen. Caran d’Ache Research & Development laboratory went through numerous tests to create an exclusive alloy using the aluminum from recycled capsules, meeting the quality requirements of the 849. A writing instrument that is both robust and sustainable while boasting a timeless look.
- Hexagonal body for a comfortable and controlled writing experience.
- Lightweight yet robust aluminum body made using the aluminum from recycled Nespresso capsules
- Blue “Dharkan” colour with shiny appearance obtained by microbeading blasting process and electrostatic treatment.
- Engraved “Made with recycled Nespresso Capsules” label on the face opposing the clip.
- Flexible steel clip.
- Goliath ink cartridge allowing you to write up to 600 pages of A4.
- Steel tip with rotating tungsten carbide ballpoint which ensures a clean and smudge free line.
- Refills: Goliath cartridges in fine (blue, black, red), medium (blue, black, red, green) and large (blue, black). (Equipped with a blue medium.)
- Made in Switzerland