iPenstore Fountain Pen Care and Cleaning Kit
We recommend cleaning your fountain pen after every second filling of ink from either a bottle or cartridge, or when changing ink colors. This kit includes everything you need to properly clean and maintain your fountain pen. Included with this kit:
- Fountain Pen Flush
- Bulb Syringe
- 2 pack Vacuum Syringe
- 2 Vials
- Silicone Grease
- Pen Polishing Cloth
- iPenstore Care and Cleaning Kit Instruction Sheet
FOUNTAIN PEN CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Remove the cartridge/converter and flush the nib section with clean, cool water. Never use hot water as it can damage the nib. Use the faucet’s power, or the Bulb Syringe to force water through the nib and feed. If using the Bulb, fill it with clean water and carefully insert it onto the feed (where you would insert a converter/cartridge). Then, gently squeeze the bulb to send water into the feed, and out of the tip of the nib. Repeat until the water runs clear.
2. Fill or soak the nib section with Pen Flush, and let sit for at least 5 minutes (the Pen Flush helps to break up any remaining ink). Use the Vials for soaking nib sections and converters (the Vacuum Syringes work great to fill the Vials). Repeat if necessary.
3. Repeat step 1 to remove any remaining Pen Flush.
4. Allow the nib section and converter to dry completely before refilling with ink.
5. Once your pen is clean and dry, use a small amount of Silicone Grease to assist with any tight threads and use the Polishing Cloth to make your pen shine like new.
*Pen in photos not included